Last Updated on June 29, 2022 by Kathy Rukat Smith
Vacationers and residents alike come out to celebrate the 4th of July in Murrells Inlet. The biggest Murrells Inlet July 4th activities are the annual boat parade and the fireworks at the Marshwalk later in the evening. Another event that has become popular is the Salute from the Shore.
Murrells Inlet Boat Parade
While cities across American celebrate the 4th of July with a parade through their downtown area or maybe a neighborhood golf cart parade, Murrells Inlet takes advantage of the unique landscape and beautiful scenery and celebrates with a Boat Parade. The time of the parade varies every year depending on the tides. This year, the parade will start at 11:00 am. Boats will start at the Garden City Point and wrap around the inlet. Some of the best viewing locations are Belin Methodist Church, the Marshwalk and Morse Park Landing.
You can purchase a shirt from Boy Scout Troop 396 to commemorate the parade. Shirts are $10 and are being sold at Lee’s Inlet Apothecary, Perry’s Bait and Tackle, Conway National Bank in Murrells Inlet and Lazy Gator.
Fireworks at the Marshwalk
Later in the evening, head back down to the Marshwalk for dinner and hang around for the 20+ minute firework show starting at 10:00pm. Restaurants throughout the Marshwalk will be having live music that day. If you only go down to the Marshwalk for the fireworks, go early. Parking will fill up fast.
Salute from the Shore
This event has become a big hit along the South Carolina coast. 2022 marks the 13th annual flyover! F-16s, a C-17 and warbirds will start flying just north of Cherry Grove Beach in North Myrtle Beach and fly south along the coast to Beaufort. Use #SFTS2022 to tag any pictures you upload to your social media.
5th of July Cleanup
On July 5th, head back down to the inlet and help with the Inlet Clean Up. Meet at Wicked Tuna at 9:00am. The inlet and shorelines will need to be cleaned of any trash and debris from the boat parade and fireworks.
Neighboring Beach Towns
Murrells Inlet 4th of July activities are not the only things to do around the Grand Strand on the 4th of July. Here are some other fun things to do in neighboring beach towns.
North Myrtle Beach
- Red, White and Blue 5K at Barefoot Landing starting at 7:00am.
- Fireworks start at 10:00pm at Barefoot Landing.
- The Cherry Grove Pier fireworks start at 9:30 pm.
- 13th Annual Independence Day 5K held at The Market Common starts at 7:00am.
- Fireworks at Second Avenue Pier starting at 10:00pm.
- Fireworks at Broadway at the Beach starting at 10:00pm.
- Annual 4th of July Golf Cart Parade starting at 10:00am on Ocean Blvd.
- Surfside Beach 4th of July Celebration from 5:00-9:00pm.
- 4th of July Parade starting at 10:00am.
However you celebrate the 4th of July, I hope everyone has a wonderful day, gets to spend time with your favorite friends and family and gets to enjoy some delicious food! Happy 4th of July!!!
You may also be interested in…
- Fall Curb Appeal TipsLast Updated on September 5, 2023 by Kathy Rukat Smith Fall at the beach can mean it’s still in the 80s! Here are some few tips to update your curb appeal even when it does not quite feel like fall yet. Primary Homes and Condos Fall Curb Appeal Tips for Homes Trim shrubs and trees … Read more
- July 4th in Murrells Inlet 2023Last Updated on August 28, 2023 by Kathy Rukat Smith July 4th in Murrells Inlet 2023 Murrells Inlet and the surrounding areas had awful storms on July 4, 2022 and most July 4th events were canceled. Some of you may remember that the bell tower at the Surfside Beach Presbyterian Church caught fire after it … Read more
- Garden City Beach Real Estate Market Report April 2023Last Updated on August 15, 2023 by Kathy Rukat Smith Garden City Beach Real Estate Market Report – April 2023 In the Garden City Beach April 2023 Real Estate Market Report provided by Kathy Rukat Smith of Palmetto Coastal Homes, discover what is trending. Garden City Beach, like the rest of the Grand Strand, continues … Read more